INTRO TO DIGITAL TICKETING
Beginning in Fall of 2020, ETSU Athletics moved to the use of digital tickets. This is the page to go to for your questions and information on the transition to digital tickets. On this page, there are FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), step-by-step instructions on adding your tickets to digital wallet, how to easily transfer tickets to anyone, plus screenshots and photos on how to best utilize your digital tickets.
► IMPORTANT NOTES
- Your tickets will arrive in a confirmation/reciept email. All tickets for the same event/season will be in that one email. If you are using any spam filters and want to ensure that you receive the email containing your tickets, please add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your approved spam filter list; also set your email to accept attachments.
- From your receipt email, you can either print the tickets at home, or click to download them to your smartphone's digital wallet.
- Digital tickets may be used on any type of smartphone with a digital ticket viewer. Apple Wallet files may only be used on Apple iPhones with the Apple Wallet app.
- We recommend downloading tickets to your smartphone immediately when you receive them, should there be any problems with connectivity at the stadium or arena.
► YOUR ETSUTickets.com AudienceView ACCOUNT
Perhaps the biggest advantage of digital tickets is that you will NEVER “leave your tickets at home” or “bring the wrong tickets to the game” again! As long as you remembered your phone, you can access all of your tickets, any time! If you added them to your digital wallet, they will always be there until you remove them!
If you didn’t add them to your wallet and you can’t find your email, go to ETSUTickets.com to login to your account, and your tickets will be listed there. You can add them to your wallet or transfer them to family/friends instantly.
► ACCESSING YOUR DIGITAL TICKETS
|1: Visit ETSUTickets.com, click on “My Account” located on the right side of the menu bar. If you are accessing ETSUTickets.com from a mobile device, click on the menu dropdown (four horizontal lines, top left corner) and select My Account.||2: Enter your email address and password to log in to your account. If you have NOT activated your account in our online portal, you will need to contact the ETSU Athletic Ticket Office at 423-439-3878.||3: Within your account, go to the Events and Ticket page.||
4: Select the game(s) to:
► HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND USE YOUR TICKETS IN A DIGITAL WALLET
|1: You should receive an email from email@example.com titled “Confirmation of Order Number …"
NOTE: Make sure the ETSU Athletics Ticket Office email is a “safe sender” or there is a possibility the email could go to your junk/spam folder.
|2: If you choose, you may print the traditional 'print-at-home' tickets by clicking on the PDF attachment on the top of your email.||3: Your digital tickets will be attached to the Confirmation of Order Number email.||4: To use your digital tickets from your email, you have two options:
|5: iPhone users can add the ticket(s) to their Apple Wallet by selecting the “Add to Apple Wallet” icon within the email. Android users can add the ticket(s) by using an Android-based wallet app and using the same icon within the email.||6: A new screen will pop up that shows your digital ticket. Click on the “Add” button on the top right-hand corner of your screen.
NOTE: Make sure to do this for *each* ticket, not just the first one
|7: Open the wallet app on your phone, and you should see the digital ticket(s) for the selected game(s).||8: On gameday, you can open the ticket(s) in the wallet app on your phone and present them to be scanned at the gate, allowing you entrance to the game. NOTE: Wifi is not needed to access previously downloaded tickets in your digital wallet|
► TRANSFERRING YOUR TICKETS
If you are unable to make the game, it's now easy and free to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else via your mobile device. The easiest way to transfer tickets is via digital wallet.
From an Apple device:
- Add your tickets to your digital wallet app by following along with the steps outlined above.
- Open your Apple Wallet, tap the circle with three dots located in the top right corner.
- Tap the Apple "Share" icon. From there, you can email or text the ticket(s) to your contact.
|1: Add your tickets to your digital wallet app by following along with the steps above.||2: Open your Apple Wallet, tap the circle with three dots located in the top right corner.||3: Tap the Apple ‘Share’ icon. From there, you can email or text the ticket(s) to your contact.|
From an Android device:
- Add your tickets to your digital wallet app by following along with the steps outlined above.
- Open ythe Android-based wallet app and tap the information icon.
- Tap 'Share Pass'. From there, you can email or text the ticket(s) to your contact.
|1: Add your tickets to your digital wallet app by following along with the steps above.||2: Open the Android-based wallet app, tap the information icon.||3: Tap Share Pass. From there, you can email or text the ticket(s) to your contact.|
► ACCEPTING A TRANSFERRED TICKET
- Based on how the tickets were sent fron the holder, you will either receive a text message or email with a link
- Click the link and follow the steps outlined above to add the tickets to your digital wallet
► FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: WHY IS ETSU TRANSITIONING TO DIGITAL TICKETS?
- Manage tickets from your mobile phone using your ETSU Athletics AudienceView Account
- Seamless transfer of tickets
- Ease of Use
- Avoid waiting in Will Call lines to pick up your tickets
- No need to print your tickets! Simply present your smartphone with digital tickets at the gate
- Prevent your tickets from getting lost or stolen in the mail
- Prevent possible ticket fraud via counterfeit tickets
- Our responsiblity for the health and safety of our fans, by reducing points of contact to assist in the prevention of COVID-19
- Fiscal responsibility by elimitating the costs of physical ticket printing and shipping
Q: WHAT IS CHANGING?
- The default delivery method for all tickets will now be "Print-At-Home", with an option on your email to download the tickets to your smartphone's digital wallet. This includes:
- Football season tickets, mini-plans, and pre-sold single-game tickets
- Men's basketball season tickets, mini-plans, and pre-sold single-game tickets
- Women's basketball season tickets and pre-sold single-game tickets
- Baseball season tickets and pre-sold single-game tickets
- Our traditional physical ticket books/sheets will no longer be mailed to season ticket holders
- Season ticket holders can access their new AudienceView account to manage tickets beginning with the 2020 football season
- Fans without access to smartphones that are compatible with digital tickets and those without a printer may make other arrangements for ticket delivery with the ticket office
Q: HOW DO DIGITAL TICKETS WORK?
- You will receive one email with a PDF of ticket(s) ordered. Within the email, each ticket/seat will be listed with an “Add to Apple Wallet” link per ticket per event. For example, if you purchased four tickets, you need to click the icon “Add to Apple Wallet” on all four tickets.
- The PDF that is emailed to you contains the valid ticket. Make sure you protect it like you would any other ticket. Each ticket contains a unique code that is scanned at the event. If any copies are made of the ticket, only the first scan will be allowed entry. If a unique code has already been scanned, the gate staff will be alerted, and entry will not be permitted.
Q: HOW DO I SCAN MY TICKET AT THE GAME?
- You have three options with our new system:
- You can add your ticket to Apple Wallet and open the app at the game, and the ushers will scan the QR code from the wallet (RECOMMENDED).
- You can open the PDF attachment from your email and the ushers at the gate will scan the QR code in the PDF.
- You can open the PDF attachment on your home computer and print the ticket(s) on 8.5" x 11' paper for the ushers to scan.
- We highly recommend downloading your tickets to Apple Wallet prior to arriving at the game to avoid any connectivity issues.
Q: WHAT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE DO I NEED?
- Digital tickets may be used on any type of smartphone with a digital ticket viewer (such as Apple, Android, Windows, Blackberry, etc.)
- Apple Wallet files may only be used on Apple iPhones with the Apple Wallet app. Apple Wallet comes pre-installed as an app from Apple in operating system iOS 6. Wallet is only available on iPhone devices running iOS 6 or later. iPhone 5 comes with iOS 6 pre-installed, whereas iPhone 3GS devices or later can be upgraded to iOS 6
- Please note: iPads DO NOT support Wallet regardless of iOS versions
Q: HOW DO I TRANSFER A TICKET TO SOMEBODY ELSE?
- You can forward the email, with the PDF tickets attached, to the person you would like to transfer the tickets to, or you can add the tickets to Apple Wallet and transfer through the wallet feature for both Apple and Android phones.
Q: HOW DO I ADD TO APPLE WALLET?
- You can log into your ETSUTickets.com account from your phone and choose the “Events and Tickets” tab, select the game you want to add, then click the “Add to Apple Wallet” button next to each seat.
- You can also click the “Add to Apple Wallet” button next to each seat from your confirmation email, if viewing on your phone.
Q: WHAT IF I HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE?
- You can still use the digital wallet functionality; however, you will need to download a wallet app in order to add the tickets to your Android device.
Q: WHAT IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE PEOPLE IN MY GROUP?
- All of the tickets will be within the same PDF attachment, you can open the attachment and scroll through to have the ushers scan each QR code. OR, if you have added your tickets to Apple Wallet, you can transfer the tickets to the other members of your group and ushers will scan tickets from each person’s phone or just scroll through the tickets and have the ushers scan each QR code from the wallet app.
Q: WHAT IF I CAN'T ACCESS MY EMAIL AT THE STADIUM?
- If your tickets have been added to Apple Wallet, than there is no need to access your email. Just open the wallet app and select your tickets.
- If you have not added your tickets to Apple Wallet and you are unable to access your email at the stadium, you can go to a ticket window at the facility and ask to have your ticket reprinted. NOTE: We can only reprint tickets for the ticket account holder, and photo ID will be required prior to reprints being issued.
Q: WHAT IF MY TICKET ISN'T SCANNING AT THE GATE?
- Check that the brightness on your phone is set to 50% or higher. If your ticket still is not scanning, you can go to any ticket booth, and a representative will assist you with your tickets.
Q: WHEN WILL THE TICKETS BE AVAILABLE ON MY ACCOUNT?
Tickets will not be viewable on your account until closer to the start of football season. A formal announcement will be sent to season ticket holders with the exact date and time their tickets will be emailed to them and viewable online
Q: WHY HAVEN'T I RECEIVED MY DIGITAL TICKETS?
- Make sure your account has the correct email address
- Check your junk mail folder
- Make sure that your spam guard and junk mail settings allow you to receive emails with attachments
- Be sure to add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your list of trusted email addresses
- Please allow at least one hour for your emails to arrive
Q: CAN I HAVE MULTIPLE TICKETS ON MY SMARTPHONE?
Yes. You can view all of your tickets by swiping left or right on your smartphone. We highly encourage that you transfer a ticket to each member of your party to allow for the easiest entry and access throughout the venue.
Q: WHAT IF MY GUEST(S) AND I ARE ARRIVING AT DIFFERENT TIMES?
If arriving separately, you can transfer a ticket to each member of your party. This will allow you and your guests to arrive at your own convenience. Via your AudienceView account, select the tickets you wish to transfer and enter their email address. They will receive an email instructing them to accept the tickets. Once your guest(s) have accepted the transfer, they will be able to add the ticket(s) to their phone.
Q: CAN I TRANSFER TICKETS MORE THAN ONE TIME?
No. Account holders may only transfer their tickets one time. Once the transfer has been accepted by the other party, the primary account holder can no longer transfer the tickets.
Q: CAN I STILL USE A PAPER PRINT-AT-HOME TICKET?
- Yes. You may print your tickets on paper at home as in previous years and bring them with you to be scanned. Remember to print off EACH ticket of your order to be scanned seperately. Also note that only persons with the first use of the code will be allowed entry to the stadium. Any duplications will alert the gate staff and that person wil be denied entry.
Q: WHAT IF I LOSE/DELETE MY TICKET DELIVERY EMAIL?
Simply go to ETSUTickets.com and login to your account. There you will be able to add your tickets back to your phone.
Q: HOW WILL PARKING WORK?
Parking passes will continue to be printed and mailed to account holders. We anticipate football parking to be mailed out in mid-August and basketball in mid-October..
Q: WHO DO I CONTACT IF I STILL NEED ASSISTANCE?
Please contact the ETSU Athletics Ticket Office, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM EST at 423-439-ETSU or by email email@example.com for further assistance.